Fenwick works closely with leading technology and life sciences companies that are changing the world through innovation. To keep pace with our dynamic clients, we are dedicated to building a diverse community of professionals and a culture where talented people thrive. We are proud of the opportunities that set us apart and encourage you to explore all we have to offer at fenwick.com/careers.
Technology and Life Sciences Focus
A Silicon Valley original, Fenwick has helped some of the world’s most recognized companies become and remain market leaders, providing comprehensive legal services to groundbreaking technology and life sciences companies at every stage of their lifecycle. With more than 500 lawyers and locations in Mountain View, San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Santa Monica, Shanghai, and Washington, DC, we craft innovative and practical solutions for established and emerging companies.
Technology and Innovation
Our firm’s ethos mission mirrors that of the entrepreneurs, engineers, and scientists who populate innovative clients such as Amazon, Calm, Cisco, Coinbase, Databricks, Google, Meta, and Nextdoor. We are steeped in technology and value innovation and collaboration. By promoting an entrepreneurial culture of professionals who understand and use new technologies, we foster an environment in which anyone can contribute to the success and dynamism of our organization.
Culture of Inclusion
From our founding in 1972, Fenwick has been committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion both within the firm and throughout the legal profession. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us serve our clients better and encourages an environment of cooperation, respect, creativity, and mutual understanding in which everyone thrives.
We believe in the importance of developing a culture of authenticity, creating space for employees to feel a sense of belonging, and providing the tools, resources, and opportunities for our employees to feel supported and grow. From recruitment to development and advancement, our end goal is to ensure our employees can thrive as their authentic selves in their careers at Fenwick. Throughout the year, the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion at Fenwick is exemplified through our programs, policies, and initiatives.
Professional Development and Wellbeing
Fenwick’s nationally lauded mentoring programs center on integrating new lawyers into the firm quickly and successfully, as well as providing support and career guidance for mid-level and senior associates, focusing on areas including practice group specialization and client development. In addition, Fenwick provides a suite of resources and benefits to support wellbeing and balance for professionals.
Serving Our Communities
Fenwick is proud to serve our community through robust and innovative pro bono and corporate social responsibility programs. We have been a catalyst for pro bono collaboration in establishing partnerships with technology companies. To encourage pro bono legal services, Fenwick recognizes all approved pro bono work as billable hours for all purposes for non-partner attorneys.
- #1 in The American Lawyer’s inaugural Composite Ranking Index for strong financial results and continued diversity efforts. (2021)
- One of the world’s leading law firms working with technology companies by Chambers Global. (2022)
- One of the 100 largest firms in the US in terms of revenue by The American Lawyer. (2021)
- Over 26% of Fenwick partners are recognized by Chambers Global or Chambers USA. (2021)
Recognition for Our Culture
- Received the National Public Service Award from the American Bar Association’s Business of Law Section for our pro bono contributions. (2022)
- Among the top four most diverse Am Law 100 law firms in the U.S. by The American Lawyer. (2021)
- Among Seramount’s 50 Best Law Firms for Women. (2021)
- 100% score (A+ rating) on The Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for pro-LGBTQ+ policies and working environment for the 13th consecutive year. (2022)
- Achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus status from Diversity Lab for the diversity of Fenwick’s leadership ranks. (2021)
- Recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” by Silicon Valley Business Journal and San Francisco Business Times (2022) as well as the one of the “Best Places to Work in New York City” by Crain’s New York Business. (2021)
- Recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in New York City” by Crain’s New York Business. (2021)
- Honored as the top law firm in the western United States for the third consecutive year at the Americas Women in Business Law Awards by Euromoney. Fenwick was also named North America’s best law firm for mentorship (for an eighth consecutive year), diversity, and pro bono work. (2021)
Recognition for Excellence in Corporate, Litigation, IP, & Tax Law
- Recognized by The Legal 500 in the highest tier nationally for technology transactions, middle-market mergers and acquisitions, patent licensing, and patent prosecution, as well as for venture capital and emerging companies work. (2021)
- Honored as Capital Markets Group of the Year by Law360. (2022)
- Recommended among the top patent firms nationally and in California for prosecution and transactions, and among the top firms in California, New York, and Washington for litigation in IAM’s Patent 1000. (2021)
- Ranked Tier 1 nationally for startups and emerging companies work and for privacy and data security. Also ranked nationally for life sciences, M&A, tax controversy, and corporate and finance tax work by Chambers USA. (2021)
- Among the top practices in California for debt and equity capital markets; life sciences; patent litigation and prosecution; securities litigation; technology transactions; trademark, copyright and trade secrets; and venture capital by Chambers USA. (2021)
- Top-ranked for trademark prosecution and litigation in the U.S. and California by World Trademark Review 1000. (2022)
- Named Technology Law Firm of the Year for the eighth consecutive year by Global M&A Network at its Americas M&A Atlas Awards. (2022)
- Recognized for excellence in corporate, international trade, IP, and tax work in Chambers Global. (2022)
- Recognized as the Best Performing Law Firm Overall (representing defendants and plaintiffs) in Patexia’s Patent Litigation Report. (2022)